The Swiss-Korean Life Science Initiative is a public-private platform aiming to foster interdisciplinary collaboration between medical doctors, scientists, start-ups and the private industry in Switzerland and Korea. The Initiative has been established through the signature of a MoU in 2016 between the Swiss Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research (EAER), and Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW). The membership is open to the experts from academia, research institutions, hospitals and industry operating in healthcare and medical technology fields.
In February 2018 the Life Science Initiative Advisory Committee has been launched. The membership is open to the experts from academia, research institutions, hospitals and industry operating in healthcare and medical technology fields and the mandate last for at least two years.
Role of the Advisory Committee
The committee will be responsible for sharing the guidelines coming from the two countries in the field of health and advise the topics of mutual interest in Life Science which will be adopted for the following Life Science Symposium. The committee will be also willing to provide the advice and mentorship for collaboration partnership and start-ups support and decide the topics of the Life Science Symposiums yearly hosted in Korea and Switzerland
- Si Young Song, Dean, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Yonsei University Health System (Chair)
- Kunho Yoon, Chairman, Department of Medical Informatics, The Catholic University of Korea
- Rong Min Baek, Chief Research Officer / SVP, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital
- Young Hak Kim, Director, Health Innovation & Big Data Center / Professor of Cardiology, Asan Medical Center
- Hyunsang Muk, CEO, Korea Drug Development Fund
- Fabian Streiff, Head of Economic Promotion, Canton Basel Stadt
- Hans-Florian Zeilhofer, Associate Vice President Innovation, University of Basel (Chair)
- Thomas Brenzikofer, Founder of Day.One, Baselarea Swiss
- Hans-Peter Beck, Head of Molecular Parasitology and Epidemiology
- Jinyong Kim, Chief Scientific Officer, Novartis Korea
- Richard Yiu, General Manager, Roche Diagnostics Korea
- Su Jeong Kim, Director of Medical Affairs, Roche Korea
- 2014: 1st Swiss-Korean Life Science Symposium
- 2015: 2nd Swiss-Korean Life Science Symposium.
- Sessions: Life Science Ecosystem, Sciencespresso, Global Health, Medical technology
- 2016: 3rd Swiss Korean Life Science Symposium.
- Topic: Digital Healthcare Innovation
- 2016: Signature of the MoU between Swiss Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research (EAER), and Korean Ministry of Health and Welfare (MOHW)
- 2017: 4th Swiss Korean Life Science Symposium.
- Topic: Digital Health and Precision Medicine
- 2018: 5th Swiss Korean Life Science Symposium.
- Topic: How Innovation in Medical Technology and Precision Medicine can improve our lives
- 2018: launching of the Life Science Initiative Advisory Committee
- 2019: Basel delegation visit and workshops in Seoul
- 2019: 6th Swiss Korean Life Science Symposium
- Topic: From visionary ideas to the patients
Please, in order to have more detailed information about the Life Science Symposiums visit the Event section in our website