6th Swiss-Korean Life Science Symposium
From visionary ideas to the patients
The 6th Edition of the Swiss-Korea Life Science Symposium series will take place in Basel on 28th of August on the Novartis Campus. The Symposium is aimed at bringing together Switzerland and Korea’s most innovative minds from public institutions of research, leading hospitals, industry, startups and thought leaders in healthcare and digital technologies. The Symposium is supported by governments and the healthcare industry from Switzerland and Korea as part of a broader initiative to support more exchange of best practice and knowledge, form and spin-out bilateral collaboration projects in different areas of healthcare. Basel is hosting the Symposium for the second time after already welcoming guests from Korea in 2017. This year a delegation of about 40 people – including scientists and startups – will travel from Korea to Switzerland for an intense week program of which the symposium is the main highlight.
Digital technologies are drastically changing the life science and healthcare industry at all levels: research institutions, pharmaceutical companies, caregivers, and payors must find a way to navigate between hype, buzzwords, and hard evidence-based facts.
During the Symposium, two challenges for the present and future of digital healthcare will stand at the center:
• The skills that we need to learn and teach to educate people from both the public and the private sector, which need to be able to solve the challenges in healthcare digitalization;
• What are the skills needed “tomorrow” in the digital health?
• What can we do together to get there?
• A “reality-check” for digital health.
• Looking at “digital health & precision medicine”, what is “not there yet”?
• How can we together address such issues?
August 28, 2019
9:30 am – 4pm
Novartis Campus, Basel
Organizers: University of Basel, Basel.area, Science and Technology Office Embassy of Switzerland in Seoul, Korea Health Industry Development Institute
Participation is free but registration compulsory through this link
Science and Technology Office Embassy of Switzerland in Seoul